…am I ready to apply?
If I had a dollar for every time I was asked that question, well, let’s say I’d be sitting on a beach right now…
Why is this question so often asked, and why is it important?
The answer to this question will help you determine whether or not you are ready to apply to professional school.
So, how do you know if you are ready? Well, that depends.
Here’s a list of areas to assess in deciding whether or not you’re ready.
- Coursework: Is the required coursework (pre-requisites) completed or in progress?
- Resume: Do you have the required activities, service, and leadership?
- Academics: Is your GPA competitive? Note: Pre-professional students have 2 GPAs to think about.
- Personal: Are you ready maturity-wise, mentally, emotionally, etc?
- Assessment test: Have you taken or planned to take the required assessment test at the right time?
- Relationships: Have you garnered solid relationships with professors, employers, and professionals in the field? These relationships are vital to obtaining letters of evaluation.
- Experience in the field: Are you sure you know that this is the field for you? Have you gained QUALITY experiences shadowing, volunteering and with patient contact?
That’s a lot to think about, I know. But take a breath.
I have a seminar coming up called Preparing to Apply that will deal directly with this topic. You can sign up for it here.
If you’d like more information on working with Karen, fill out this contact form below.
Have questions or want to hear about another topic? Let me know! Leave a comment below.